The Oregon iSector provides a platform for launching cross-sector partnerships to enable leaders in communities throughout the state to work together to address challenges and seize opportunities to build a thriving Oregon.
Partnerships are not always easy. Each sector has different modes of operating, timeline incentives, different constraints, etc. To help overcome these challenges we have developed the Oregon iSector partnership model and a set of principles to guide partnerships.
At the Oregon iSector, we strive to create an inclusive culture where diversity of background, perspective, culture, and experience are valued. We understand the need to break down barriers causing systemic inequalities, and together with our partners are committed to fighting for justice and equity.
We provide leaders with tools, knowledge, and support including the following services:
- We serve as a broker and intermediary connecting leaders from across sectors and helping them form iSector partnerships.
- We advise and support leaders as they initiate and conduct iSector partnerships.
- We host iSector partnerships and help leverage resources and create needed infrastructure.
- We promote sound operating principles and practices for Oregon iSector partnerships.
- We advocate for policies, develop systems, and secure resources to support Oregon iSector partnerships.
- We help investors find co-investment partners from across sectors to enhance and broaden their impact.
- We support a network of leaders from key institutions and sectors across Oregon who cooperate in helping launch Oregon iSector partnerships.
Chris Carlson, Board Chair
Whitney Grubbs, Vice Chair
Executive Director, Foundations for a Better Oregon
VP Community Development Officer for Oregon & SW Washington, Umpqua Bank
Former State Senator
Dr. Ernesto Fonseca
Chief Executive Officer, Hacienda CDC
Chief of Staff, Mayor Ted Wheeler
Senior Program Officer Economic Vitality & Housing, Oregon Community Foundation
Executive Director, League of Oregon Cities
Dr. Gina Nikkel
Executive Director, League of Oregon Counties
Director of Legal Affairs and Public Policy, Oregon Association of Realtors
Innovation and Business Resources Director, Business Oregon
Margaret Van Vliet